Views
Helpful
Replies

ACL to restrict SCP protocol

glemaire
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

I want to permit the SCP protocol on my Cisco Devices (routers, switches, wap, ...) for one host (a server which backup the configuration by SCP).

But if I'm not wrong, the SCP protocol pass by the SSH protocol.

So, do you know if it is possible to permit the SCP protocol from one host and permit SSH connection from any host by using an ACL?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Access lists filter network traffic by controlling whether routed packets are forwarded or blocked at the router's interfaces. Your router examines each packet to determine whether to forward or drop the packet, on the basis of the criteria you specified within the access lists.Access lists can allow one host to access a part of your network and prevent another host from accessing the same area

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Access lists filter network traffic by controlling whether routed packets are forwarded or blocked at the router's interfaces. Your router examines each packet to determine whether to forward or drop the packet, on the basis of the criteria you specified within the access lists.Access lists can allow one host to access a part of your network and prevent another host from accessing the same area

This does not answer the OP.