Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCNP Security - SISAS 300-208

p.137 of Aaron Woland's book, Fully Distributed Deployment

"In the four-node deployment, the maximum number of PSNs that can be associated to the combined PAN+MNT is five PSNs, making it  a seven-node deployment."

If my understanding is correct, I would take the Figure 7-4 configuration shown on p. 136 and add three more blocks (e,g., ISE-5, ISE-6, ISE-7) to satisfy the statement above.  Is my interpretation correct?

Related to this: How does Figure 7-5 go from 5 PSNs to 40?  Last sentence on p.137 "The maximum number of PSNs in this deployment also increases from 5 to a maximum of 40 PSNs."

What factor(s) am I missing that determines the amount of PSNs in any deployment model?

My  interpretation is that each PAN node and each MNT node can support a maximum of 5 PSN nodes.

Thank you.

If anyone is interested in teaming to learn the material for the latest CCNP Security exams, I am available.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

KA,

You interpretation of adding ISE-5,6,and 7 to get the described 7-node deployment is correct.

The 5 PSN limit is when you have dual persona (PAN and MnT) nodes. Only when you have dedicated persona nodes (PAN only on a node, MnT on a separate node) can you scale up the maximum number of PSNs past 5 to the maximum of 40.

(I passed the SISAS test last month. :) ) 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

KA,

You interpretation of adding ISE-5,6,and 7 to get the described 7-node deployment is correct.

The 5 PSN limit is when you have dual persona (PAN and MnT) nodes. Only when you have dedicated persona nodes (PAN only on a node, MnT on a separate node) can you scale up the maximum number of PSNs past 5 to the maximum of 40.

(I passed the SISAS test last month. :) ) 

Thank you Marvin.

arun.victory031
Level 1
Level 1
Could you share me the study materials and available documents please

The SISAS exam has a published Official Certification Guide (OCG).

It and other relevant materials are all listed on the Cisco Learning Network (CLN) page here:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccnpsecurity/sisas/study-material

Note the exam will be retired in February 2020.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: