Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCP configuration

Hopefully im in the right forum, apologies if not.

Simple question really - studying for CCNA security, CCP seems integral to it, but im confused as to which router models can actually use CCP for configuration. I noticed a post by Wendell Odom suggesting the 1740s are a good model for CCNA security, yet when i check the Cisco website for models that use CCP it doesnt even list this one, it does however list a number of the 800 series models so i would have assumed CCP would work on models that followed this series. If someone could clarify this for me i'd be very grateful because i don't want to spend hundred(s) on a router only to find CCP isnt used for configuration. Is it safe to say that after model X anything that follows will use CCP or is it a more specific list or routers?

PS if you actually have personal experience with this course and a specific router you could recommend then all the better.

Thanks in advance for your time!

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The definitive listing is on the CCP release notes here

I got my CCNA security earlier this year but had the advantage of experience on lab and customer routers via my job to make a home lab unnecessary. I wouldn't say any specific router is better than another hardware-wise. I would recommend you want to study with one that supports not only CCP but also the relevant router features covered in the syllabus (i.e. Zone-Based Firewall).