Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE upgrade from 2.6.0.156 to 2.7.0.356

cnezakaren
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We are about to upgrade our ISE nodes to 2.7 soon.

And before upgrading, we wanted to make sure that our nodes were ready for upgrade,

so we used the URT tool, which went successfully.

But we had this warning during the process :

% Warning: Sanity test found some indexes missing in CEPM schema. Please recreate missing indexes after upgrade using app configure ise cli

We were wondering if it was something, we have to worry about or not ?

Does someone know why we had this message ? and how we can fix it after upgrade ?

Thank you for your help.

7 Replies 7

PetriH8
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Do you find solution for this warning?

I hit same warning and i did not find any fix.

Petri

Hi Petri,

It is a cosmetic error, you can keep going with the upgrade.

After you can still recreate those missing indexes through CLI using application configure ise command then choice 9 and 10.

Regards,

Cadeau

Hi Cadeau,

Thank you for answer.

Sorry but i don't understand what do you mean with 8 and 9?

I also like to ask if you have some tips to speed up ise update (remove logs etc.)

I run urt tool and it give me 260 for primary and 258 for secondary update time. 

I like to use GUI to update but Cisco suggest to use cli if estime time is over 4 hour.

regards,

Petri

Hi Petri,

During our upgrade, we used also URT tool and the given time were higher than reality.

In my memories it took 2 hours and half per node instead of 5 hours...

Not sure there is some tips to reduce this time. You may open a TAC case for further information.

8 and 9 are options you get after applying this CLI command application configure ise :

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Cadeau

mustafa83
Level 1
Level 1

Tac told me it's a cosmetic warning that we can ignore. 

Andreas Foerby
Level 1
Level 1

It is not just cosmetic. 

Sometimes the services will be in a "not running" state, and no matter what you do, they will not start running. 

If so, please issue the "application configure ise" and first select "9: Create Missing Config Indexes" and then "10: Create Missing M&T indexes". 

Regards
Andreas Foerby

I have this warning on my ISE deployment when running the URT tool for upgrade from 2.6 to 2.7. Does this affect the upgrade or does running options 9 and then 10 after the upgrade resolve the problem? Many thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: