Views
Helpful
Replies

connecting PDM

ccrespoh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a PIX 535 with PDM 3.0(2) over PIX 6.3(4) version. I'm trying to connect to the PDM from a windows 2000 recently installed.

I've configured the pix to permit the access from the machine ip and the proccess to connect goes ok until it crash. The password I write is correct and from another machine I can do it.

The error I get is "exception: java.security.AccessControlException:access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission java.version read)"

Anyone can tell me what's the problem could be?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

sagdas
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrade the pdm to 3.0(4). There was a bug with java which is resolved in this code.

Link for software download

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/pix

Cheers!!

Sagar

Hello again,

Thanks. That's the problem. With the 3.0(2) only I could access with java 1.4.1_02

One thing else, what do I have to do to get access to the download area of cisco software and updates?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

In case you have a contract, download should not be a problem. You can call the toll free number of TAC or in case you have forgotten the password, send an blank email to cco-locksmith@cisco.com and you will get an email with the new password.

In case, you do not have any contract, you might face problem with the download.

Let me know in case you face any problem.

Regards,

Sagar Das

My enterprise is a Cisco Partner, so I suppose we have a contract. I'll looking for it and try again.

Thanks

Regards.

jon.rusten
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I got I similar problem from my pc with Windows XP. The problem I got was to new Java on the computer, and too old Pix PDM.

I solved the problem for this time by downloading and installing and old Microsoft Virtual Machine, file name msjavx86.exe on Microsoft web.

Remember to tell your Internet Explorer which Virtual Machine to use in the Advanced section in Internet properties.

Jon