Views
Helpful
Replies

CRC Errors on 520 and 525..URGENT

ciscobuddy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have pix 525 and 520 , and i am getting CRC errors on my DMZ interface. wants to clear the counter for that particular interface. wht is the command for that, and if i clear the interface is connectivity loss is there. i mean who ever is connected to that DMZ ,can we loss that connectivity for time being.

pls help me ....very urgent

Thanks & Regards,

Ciscobuddy

8 Replies 8

Patrick Iseli
Level 7
Level 7

clear interface

Clear counters for the show interface command.

But you cannot define which interace. This will not reset any sessions just clear the counters.

Command reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00801727a6.html#wp1091147

sincerely

Patrick

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply, it is ethernet2 that is my dmz.

pls suggest me if anything is there. i am on customer site.and pix is in production. so is there any problem to clear the counter. is production loss is there ?

pls advise me

Thanks & Regards,

Ciscobuddy

NO, I just tryed that on my PIX, I was downloading a large file and did a reset of the counters. There was no lost of the session.

do:

conf t

clear interface

YEAH, I have seen on your other post that you executed "clear xlate". This command has defenitly reset all sessions in your production. Take care with that command.

sincerely

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thanks again for ur reply, is this command clear all the interface on PIX. or i can clear only ethernet 2. sorry that i am asking you the silly questions, coz i never work on PIX.

pls advise me.

Thanks & Regards,

Ciscobuddy

Hi Patrick,

i hv cleared the interface. but still i am getting crc,input errors and ignored packet. can you pls advise me on this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Ciscobuddy

There might be a host in difficulty to send packets, I have no idea if it is a NIC that is defective.

I will see what I can figure out about CRC. Basicly

the content of a packet has changed in transmition and the the PIX reject them, bad packets. This is a

Layer 2 problem not a routing issue.

In between figure out what is the source host that produces them. Put a packet sniffer into the DMZ.

If you have a Switch, check also the interface statistic on that switch that might help.

sincerely

Patrick

Hi,

please check the following configuration on your pix interface and the connected interface on the other side:

- speed

- duplex

This settings should be the same. If your configuration looks like 'auto/auto', so configure fixed details, i.e. 100/full.