cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA and VMS

shoaibalam
Level 1
Level 1

Can CSA-MC be purchased separately? or do we need to have Cisco works VMS so that it can be installed?

Moroever, Will CSA Agent alone be having any worth without CSA-MC??

please comment...

4 Replies 4

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hello shoaib,

CSA MC cannot be purchased seperately . It comes with the VMS bundle. you need to have the base ciscoworks 2000 bundle before you can install the CSAMC.

CSA agent does not mean anything without the CSAMC. All updates and filters to the CSA are obtained from the CSA MC. CSA MC controls the packet filtering rules of all the CSA's associated with it.

Hope this helps !! rate replies if found useful..

Thanks for ur help. Ok by going through the IDS Condiguration through dynamic tool, i found that basic VMS is included in that package. I will be giving my customer Cisco IDS 4235 sensor appliace so (Included: CWVMS-2.2-WINB-K9 , VMS 2.2 WIN BASIC 5 Device Restricted) was shown over there. So can i use this basic version of VMS that comes with IDS 4235 to install and run the CSA Agents? will this serve the purpose?

Ya shoib.. absolutely.. this will serve your purpose.. you can choose the IDS ranges (4215 or 4235 ) depending on the requirement.

All the best !!

close the post if your query is solved. it will be helpful for others when they search.. rate replies if found useful...

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hello shoaib,

CSA MC cannot be purchased seperately . It comes with the VMS bundle. you need to have the base ciscoworks 2000 bundle before you can install the CSAMC.

CSA agent does not mean anything without the CSAMC. All updates and filters to the CSA are obtained from the CSA MC. CSA MC controls the packet filtering rules of all the CSA's associated with it.

Hope this helps !! rate replies if found useful..