cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Customising data link up/down rule

aacole
Level 5
Level 5

Is it possible to somehow filter out specific link up/down messages displayed on MARS? For instance if the syslog message is for a user port, say G1/0/1 I'm not interested in seeing that message, but if its from T1/0/1 then I want to raise the priority of the message as its a key link.

I've looked through the false positive tuning process, it doesnt seem to offer the granuality I'm looking for.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tim Armstrong
Level 1
Level 1

I submitted a TAC case on this point a couple of years ago and was told that the rule can be set per device but not per port.  The kind engineer promised to send the idea to product development for possible inclusion in a future release, but I don't know if that has happened.  You may check the release notes for more recent versions of the MARS software than is on your box to see if it has been added.  If not, submit a TAC.  The most likely way to have this feature added is if customers ask for it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tim Armstrong
Level 1
Level 1

I submitted a TAC case on this point a couple of years ago and was told that the rule can be set per device but not per port.  The kind engineer promised to send the idea to product development for possible inclusion in a future release, but I don't know if that has happened.  You may check the release notes for more recent versions of the MARS software than is on your box to see if it has been added.  If not, submit a TAC.  The most likely way to have this feature added is if customers ask for it.

Thanks for the reply, I had sort of come to that conclusion, but thought I'd check.

I'll take a look at the latest release notes, but I dont hold out much hope.