Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange Message Tracking logs

msubtain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone

I have a exchange server sitting behind ASA 5510 on inside interface, it is the backend server and connects to a front end server on other interface (WAN), at the moment its delivering the email to outside world, the only problem i have noticed is whenever it delivers any email to external domains, i get this message in message tracking log

"The object *************** in the message tracking logs cant be found in the directory. The object may have been deleted. tracking history may be incorrect"

Also when you go to Message tracking system in exchange it shows "Message transfered to ******************" instead of the name of that domain.

If i take the ASA off then everyhing get back to normal and i can see everything in the logs as normal.

Any ideas from anyone?

Muhammad

4 Replies 4

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

Disable the filtering on the CSC trend micro blade for the ASA and see if mail is still being blocked.Check if the external domain is configured for blocking.

thanks for your reply,

I dont have any CSC module in ASA device, i found a knowledge based from Microsoft which helped me sovled the problem have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320027/. I am still wondering why cisco is keeping this functionality built in the device if its not compatible.

Muhammad

This the problem can be solved by disabling mask-banner feature.

policy-map type inspect esmtp no_ban

parameters

no mask-banner

!

policy-map global_policy

class inspection_default

inspect esmtp no_ban

I followed the KB from microsoft to exclude ESMTP from inspection, i will try this one and let you know the response.

Thanks

Muhammad