Views
Helpful
Replies

ftp access problem

izcan.umit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently tested FTP server (Microsoft) in our local network, and didn't have any problems connecting to the server with the created users.

Now I am able to connect to the server and log on, but I can't transfer data or list directories on the remote server.

I assume it has something to do with our firewall(asa5510) our natted network environment. The FTP server is behind a firewall and a different public ip address. Our local network, from where I am trying to connect from is connected to the internet through a router and is using nat.

I am running FTP on port 20 and port 21 in the firewall

In the log below, I assume the trouble is in this line:

COMMAND:> PORT 192,168,1,48,12,231

the local ip of the client, from where I am trying to connect to the ftp server. there is no problem.

Is the problem caused by me being on a natted network, and if so, how do I solve this?

hope somebody can help me here

Best regards,

Umit

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

varakantam
Level 1
Level 1

I believe it has more to do with "ftp inspect" rather than NAT configuration. What kind of access lists and service policy are you using ? Can you enable ftp fixup and try again ?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

varakantam
Level 1
Level 1

I believe it has more to do with "ftp inspect" rather than NAT configuration. What kind of access lists and service policy are you using ? Can you enable ftp fixup and try again ?

Dear varakantam,

thanks, after i can enable ftp fixup and try again, its OK,

umit