cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Group limit on 3005

ethiel
Level 3
Level 3

Does anyone know what the limit is for the number of groups on a 3005 concentrator? I am going to have to set up a large number to support static IP addressing per PC, but am concerned I may hit an actual or practical limit. I have scoured the data sheets with no luck in finding a hard limit listed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

llascare
Level 1
Level 1

Go to the Concentrator help menu and on the left column, scroll down and click where it says: "User Management: Overview". It will give you a link to Table 8.1, which tells you that you can have 100 groups and users configured in total for the 3005. For example, if you have 40 groups on the Concentrator, you can only have 60 users on the local database.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

llascare
Level 1
Level 1

Go to the Concentrator help menu and on the left column, scroll down and click where it says: "User Management: Overview". It will give you a link to Table 8.1, which tells you that you can have 100 groups and users configured in total for the 3005. For example, if you have 40 groups on the Concentrator, you can only have 60 users on the local database.

Thanks. I do not currently have access to the concentrator so I never would have found that. Now It's back to the drawing board for me.