Views
Helpful
Replies

how do you check whether pix501 device is working fine

travis0
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a ADSL modem which is directly connected to the pix501. Everything is been running fine until recent, the internet connection goes down sporadically(there's nothing wrong at the ISP). The work-around for this nagging problem is to reboot the pix. Once I cycle the power on the pix, the internet access is bad.

I believe the pix or the adsl modem has problem, most likely the pix is the problem. what you think?

anyone know of a hardware test program use to diagnose the pix?

regards,

travis.

2 Replies 2

jmia
Level 7
Level 7

Travis,

Sounds like possible pix license issue, if you issue - show ver - on the 501 it will show you which license version you have for your 501. Also, if you take out the pix and connect directly to the ADSL modem do you still have the same problem?

Jay

I dont think licensing is the issue here. we have 10 and at any given time, there are less than 10 people connecting to the internet and only 3 people using the vpn service on the outside.

I have thought of using any firewall/NAT box for the purpose of troubleshooting but this pix is LIVE as a VPN host so I dont want to take it offline.

that's why I'd like to find out if there's a diagnostic program to use for testing the pix.

regards,

travis.