cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to allow all outside addresses NOT to be translated to inside on PIX520

chrrbc
Level 1
Level 1

How do I allow all outside addresses NOT to be translated to inside on a PIX520?

I do not want addresses to be translated at all.

Each should appear on the inside as it is on the outside.

I only want to restrict access by ports using access-lists.

Reason:I use the PIX within the intranet, to have a secured server area (outside) from the rest of the intranet (inside).

2 Replies 2

rrbleeker
Level 1
Level 1

Configure NAT not to perform address translation and setup your static translations with both addresses as your outside IP addresses. This allows communications through the PIX without translations.

'nat (inside) 0 0 0 for outbound traffic

'static (inside,outside) ' for inbound traffic'

The statement about NAT works outbound, no problem.

I do not exactly understand what you mean with the statement about the static statement.

Do I have to define a static statement for every single address to be accessed on the inside?

Or can I use only ONE statement for all (similar to the NAT-statement for the outbound traffic).

I have RFC1918-addresses on the inside and on the outside (because to the real outside, the Internet, we do not use PIX at all), so what do you mean by " as your outside IP addresses"?

Can you give me an example, how the static statement should look like, in order that a (PIX)outside server(RFC1918) should access through the (PIX)inside network(RFC1918) any address in the Internet (at that border is a totally different checkpoint-1 firewall, by the way)?