cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to downgrade PIX515E failover from 6.3(5) to 6.3(4)

y.haraguchi
Level 1
Level 1

Does someone know how to downgrade pix515E failover? because our running PIX515E is 6.3(4) but the failover is 6.3(5) and we don't want has risk when upgrade production PIX so it's look like the best solution is downgrade failover. Somebody can help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

Actually it is same as upgrade process.

-Copy the pix***.bin file in the tftp folder

-When you click on the 'show dir' button on the tftp server, the pix***.bin file should be

one of the listed files

-In the configuration terminal mode of the PIX first ping the tftp server computer's ip

address (you should be able to get ping responses)

-Enter the command 'copy tftp flash'

-Enter the ip address of the tftp server computer (press enter)and then enter pix***.bin as the file name (press enter)

-It will ask you 'do you wish to proceed' - press 'y' for yes

-Once you are back to the prompt issue the command 'reload' to reboot the PIX so that the

new software version takes affect

-When the PIX boots up again, issue 'show version' command to confirm if the new software is now running on the PIX.

Regards,

Jagdeep

Note: If that answers your question, then please mark this thread as resolved, so that others can benefit from it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

Actually it is same as upgrade process.

-Copy the pix***.bin file in the tftp folder

-When you click on the 'show dir' button on the tftp server, the pix***.bin file should be

one of the listed files

-In the configuration terminal mode of the PIX first ping the tftp server computer's ip

address (you should be able to get ping responses)

-Enter the command 'copy tftp flash'

-Enter the ip address of the tftp server computer (press enter)and then enter pix***.bin as the file name (press enter)

-It will ask you 'do you wish to proceed' - press 'y' for yes

-Once you are back to the prompt issue the command 'reload' to reboot the PIX so that the

new software version takes affect

-When the PIX boots up again, issue 'show version' command to confirm if the new software is now running on the PIX.

Regards,

Jagdeep

Note: If that answers your question, then please mark this thread as resolved, so that others can benefit from it.

Thank you very much. My problem is the PIX515E is running and I need "upgrade" the failover solely. I connected failover and PC with a switch. PC can't got IP from DHCPD and can't ping from failover. I research here found a tip:

"The issue here is the FO license. A PIX with FO license cannot work in standalone mode. This is the reason why you cant ping its interfaces or ping hosts from this PIX.

You may try enabling failover on PIX and then try doing upgrade.

ip address inside 10.18.1.18 255.255.0.0

failover ip address inside 10.18.1.19

failover

Wait for few secs, now this PIX should assume "Active" role and you should be able to ping the interface. Now try the upgrade. "

I followed it but failover still not active. what should I do? Thanks!

Ok, I worked it out. the problem is after setting failover inside ip address, need make this failover running as Active. So the command is "failover active", not just "failover". This issue is finished. And I hope this can help other people who have the same problem.