cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDS4230-FE Memory Utilization at 98% after upgrade?

kbroomer
Level 1
Level 1

IDS-4230-FE Memory Utilization is at 98% after upgrade from version 3.x to 4.x. Is this normal? We have experienced several “lockups” on the box since the upgrade and we are wondering if the Memory Utilization is a issue.

Our box has 4x128MB PC100Mhz RAM. I can not find any documents on possible memory upgrade options other than Product Bulletin – No.1143. What does the motherboard support as far as possible memory configurations and what does the motherboard max out at? Will upgrading RAM make any difference in Memory Utilization or resolve our occasional “lockup” problem.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

dblairii
Level 1
Level 1

This is not a solution to your problem, but would be a 'fix'. There is a bulletin for the 4230-FE sensors that indicates they are prone to an inductor failure on the motherboard. Cisco will exchange your old 4230-FE for a current 4235-FE. Follow this link: (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps4077/products_field_notice09186a00801850de.shtml) and fill out the form. I have exchanged 8 of them and got the last shipment only 2 weeks after submitting the paperwork. I consider this a GREAT deal, since the 4230's are End of Sale.

Thanks,

Don