Views
Helpful
Replies

Import IDS MC configuration

irelandsky
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i installed IDS MC and SecMon over a new server and now i want import all configuration ( user, device, config...) from the old server to new one.

What i have to do??

Thanks

Marco

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

flyingmunk
Level 1
Level 1

the easiest way to do this, is to just bring up your fancy, new vms server, and then 'Discover' the sensors with this new box. once you have discovered the sensor, then 'Import' it into SecMon.

all the configs are saved on the sensor, so everything should come across, i.e., signature settings, filters, etc.

after you build your new server, make sure you update ids mc to the latest sigs.

hope this helps,

chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

flyingmunk
Level 1
Level 1

the easiest way to do this, is to just bring up your fancy, new vms server, and then 'Discover' the sensors with this new box. once you have discovered the sensor, then 'Import' it into SecMon.

all the configs are saved on the sensor, so everything should come across, i.e., signature settings, filters, etc.

after you build your new server, make sure you update ids mc to the latest sigs.

hope this helps,

chris

Thanks you very much Chris!!

Bye

Marco

I have the same issue, but I don't understand what do you mean by "Discover the sensors" how aould you do that through the VMS?

thank you

when you add the sensor, don't add it manually. check the 'discover settings' box. see link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/cscowork/ps3990/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008018d972.html#701294

thanks,

chris