Helpful
Replies

Issues about Windows domain login

ita_hsieh
Level 1
Level 1

hi group:

Is there anyway to force windows domain login?I

don't want users to log into their local account.

There are number of login script that I want to run

on user computers.Thanks for help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Click on the Performance and Maintenance text, Administrative Tools and then double-click Local Security Policy to start the Management Console for local security policy.

Under Security Settings expand the Local Policies item by clicking on + (the plus symbol) and select Security Options. Double-click Interactive Logon: Do not require CTRL+ATL+DEL, click the Enabled radio button and click OK.

As far as scripting the process is concerned, I recommend that you (thoroughly!) check out M$'s Script Centre (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.mspx). Please be careful with the scripting especially if you are working in an enterprise environment...

Good luck,

Josef.

PS - please rate the usefulness of the post.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

(Wireless?)

If you're using Cisco NICs, there's a new Client Wizard out (Version 2.0, ~May2) that allows the PC to first authenticate to the domain as a computer ....

Check it out.

Scott

Have you thought about disabling local/interactive logons either manually or thru a startup script?

What Windows are you running? Remember any "join domain" activity involves a restart...

Josef.

My network comprised of mainly Windows XP.How do you

manually disable local logon or through script?

Thanks for your help.

Click on the Performance and Maintenance text, Administrative Tools and then double-click Local Security Policy to start the Management Console for local security policy.

Under Security Settings expand the Local Policies item by clicking on + (the plus symbol) and select Security Options. Double-click Interactive Logon: Do not require CTRL+ATL+DEL, click the Enabled radio button and click OK.

As far as scripting the process is concerned, I recommend that you (thoroughly!) check out M$'s Script Centre (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.mspx). Please be careful with the scripting especially if you are working in an enterprise environment...

Good luck,

Josef.

PS - please rate the usefulness of the post.