cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitor DDR Connections

kevtown
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently working on a solution that will enable users on my network to connect to our customers' secure networks utilizing Dial-on-Demand Routing. In order to keep our phone bills down I'd like to have something in place that can notify me when a connection has been active for beyond a certain threshold. Do any of you know of a product that will do this for me.

2 Replies 2

tiannetta
Level 1
Level 1

As a Cisco Distributor in the UK we often recommend a product called Crannog-Software for DDR

connection monitoring. It is a windows piece of software that will provide various levels of info

about call times, destinations, incoming calls. It is a great compliment to Cisco's implementation of DDR. There are also ISDNTrace provides sniffer analysis of ISDN calls. Reporter gives easy to read reports from ISDNWatch and ISDNtrace software data.

Check out the web site.....www.crannog-software.com.....based in Ireland. Regards. Tim

ideheng
Level 1
Level 1

If your goal is cost savings on ISDN link, I would suggest you use the optimizing features in your IOS.

-Dialer idle-timeout 30

-Dialer fast-idle 15

Would do the trick.

Hope this helps