cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MS RDC over PPTP

dan.tesch
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2611 router providing PPTP using MS VPN client in 2K and XP - Five or so users trying to use Remote Desktop - sometimes it works great, sometimes they get disconnect after disconnect - I thought it might be congestion on the router but sometimes there isn't much going on and they still get disconnects - I have crypto ipsec df-bit clear set on my Virtual-Template1 to attempt to deal with MTU problem and this seems to have helped but still problems - anyone have a solution to this? I have also terminated these client connections to an ISA Sever and get the same problems.

4 Replies 4

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

What is the version of VPN client you are using ?

Built in Windows XPSP2.

Did you find your answer? I had a similar issue and after browsing around on forums traced it to the MTU size. The question I had was which setting to change. After I while I hit upon it. On the interface on the inside, I put this command: ip tcp adjust-mss 1400.

Just for good measure I put it on the virtual tunnel interface I also had. All of a sudden the ipsec tunnel started moving a lot faster. My RDP session started connecting, as well as Citrix. The windows networking, domain controller functions, DFS share, started replicating properly. Very happy with it.

Is their an equal in the 3000 Concentrator. I seem to have a similair problem.