cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PDM Help Corruption

alan.morris
Level 1
Level 1

Not a big deal, but annoying, if I use PDM help I get a corrupted display - something like:

‹Î¹>home.htmÅZënÛ8ý=Ì;pUtÑŠo¹NÇ16 LÓ1v23»¿ Z¢-NeQ%©¸Þ™×ÝCŠ’(ËΦm²k ˆ)‘‡‡ßý“¸ÝäŒÊÑy ÙgÝ7§ù‰

Amy ideas?

3 Replies 3

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

This could happen if http 1.1 is disabled on your browser. 1.1 is required to handle compressed files. PDM compresses the online help files. To enable 1.1 in Internet Explorer, select Tools->Internet Options. Scroll down to the "HTTP 1.1 settings". Enable "Use HTTP 1.1". Restart the browser. This should work.

Not applicable

Your reply is logical, but the symptoms are not. The PDM 3.0 Help was doing the same thing for me yesterday for about half the day. Came in and initiated a new PDM session today and with no other apparent changes, it was back to serving good pages.

No change to HTTP 1.1 before or after.

Thanks.

alan.morris
Level 1
Level 1

Many thanks your input on this, I have now tracked down the circumstances that cause this but not why. The PIX in question is on the outside of a dual homed server running Microsoft ISA (with Proxy). If I use the proxy services of ISA to access the PIX I get this corruption, if I bypass the ISA proxy all is well.