cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX-520 outgoing/incoming traffic

ranairfan
Level 1
Level 1

In my network I have a PIX-520 with 2 interfaces ( i,e inside and outside ) I am using real ip's on the inside means using them without NAT.

I want my traffic generated from Inside should go to internet via router placed on the outside interface of PIX and the return traffic to come via downlink which is placed on the inside.

Problem is when traffic is passed through PIX a connection is created and PIX assume that the return traffic should also pass through it.

As the retun traffic comes via downlink and not via outside router, there is no internet activity.

Is there anyway to achieve this means no session should be created when outbound traffic pass through PIX. Note that security is not an issue in this scenario.

3 Replies 3

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there's no way around this in the PIX, it will always create a session for outgoing traffic, that's its primary function.

Thanks a lot

wolfrikk
Level 3
Level 3

You can try turning of the stateful monitoring on the PIX:

not fixup protocol http 80

This should turn on the stateful connection monitoring for web traffic. This creates a security hole in the PIX, but it may allow you do accomplish what you are trying to do.