cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Redirection

tmittendorf
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set up a web cam for a promotion that we are doing. My problem is that I can not connect to it from outside of my network. I can redirect an outside ip to an inside ip my problem is that it is not letting me specify what port I want. The supplier said to use port 81 connect & 1601 for the streaming video. I have a PIX-515 running 6.3.

7 Replies 7

nkhawaja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

for port redirection, the command is something like

static (inside,outside) tcp

e.g.

static (inside,outside) tcp 200.1.1.1 81 192.168.1.1 81

Thanks

Nadeem

I can't believe that i failed to put in tcp after the (inside,outside)!!!!!

O.K. I have the statements in the firewall but I am still not able to get to the camera from the net.

I have put in the following:

access-list 101 permit tcp any host 65.122.xxx.xxx eq 81

access-list 101 permit tcp any host 65.122.xxx.xxx eq 1601

to allow traffic "or so I thought"

Thanks so much for your help

Hi,

Now we need to get help from SYSLOGs. BTW could you share the static translations? Have you done "clear xlat" after these changes?

Thanks

Nadeem

I am not familiar with the BTW.

I did not do a clear xlat after I made the changes.

Here is another strange thing, when I made these changes I could no longer get email from anyone outside of our organization. e.g. mittendorf@comcast.net to tmittendorf@tonkin.com

will not go through but jallen@tonkin.com to tmittendorf@tonkin.com will go through.

I took out the changes that I made & we started getting outside mail again.

please check your syslog messags and static translation.

Thanks

Nadeem

Nadeem can I email you a copy of my config?

Every time that I put in these statements not only does it not work but I lose outside connectivity to my mail server.

static (inside,outside) tcp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1604 172.16.18.94 1604 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

static (inside,outside) tcp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 84 172.16.18.94 84 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

access-list 101 permit tcp any host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx eq 84

access-list 101 permit tcp any host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx eq 1604

I changed the port on the camera's to 84 & 1604 thinkg that the port might have something to do with it but that didn't help.

I also could not see much with a sh logg command, nothing in reference to those ip's.

Yes, please send me the config and version information. Any syslog messages & IP addresses involved.

Thanks

Nadeem Khawaja

nkhawaja@cisco.com