cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Share Your IoT Security Questions

sgaspar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What security concerns do you have when it comes to implementing IoT initiatives? Share your burning questions here for a chance to be featured in our podcast series, Ask the IoT Whiz!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My biggest concern is a lot of products should not have wireless/wireless NICs installed because the manufacturers don't have a friggin' clue how IT security works. (I am not talking about small time run-of-the-mill variety one can find at Best Buy or Walmart.)

My next concern is if the products have been identified to be seriously compromised (manufacturing standards), what steps will the manufacturer do to address the security vulnerability.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My biggest concern is a lot of products should not have wireless/wireless NICs installed because the manufacturers don't have a friggin' clue how IT security works. (I am not talking about small time run-of-the-mill variety one can find at Best Buy or Walmart.)

My next concern is if the products have been identified to be seriously compromised (manufacturing standards), what steps will the manufacturer do to address the security vulnerability.