cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL: Cisco Secure desktop downloads, BUT...........

peter.humphreys
Level 1
Level 1

hello

Hope someone can help with this one:

I have configured Cisco Secure Desktop on a VPN 3000, and when clients connect the location of the client is correctly identified and the the Secure Desktop software downloads and installs, BUT....it won't start.

The Cisco Secure Desktop 'window' displays 'The Secure Desktop is unloaded'. Whenever a user clicks 'Switch to secure desktop', the 'Loading the secure desktop' briefly displays, and then......nothing. The secure desktop doesn't load, and the message in the window returns to 'The Secure Desktop is unloaded'. Users cannot connect to the WebVPN login page, unless Secure Desktop is disabled on the VPN 3000.

The same problem occurs on Windows XP and W2K machines. A message appears in the log on the VPN 3000:

'HTTP 404 Not Found (/CACHE/sdesktop/install/css/main.css)'

I have tried various things, but I'm stumped. Any ideas, anyone?

Thankyou in advance.

3 Replies 3

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Try uninstalling the current Cisco Secure Desktop and reinstall it with a new version.

pd-yca
Level 1
Level 1

Also try uninstalling CSD on the client machine. I have had several experiences where CSD failed to load after install repeatedly, and then worked fine after removing it with the "Add and Remove Programs" Control Panel applet.

Hi Peter,

A bit of a long shot but ...

"If you have Internet Explorer configured with a proxy you must activate "Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections" to use the SSL Client, CSD or any other ActiveX applications."

HTH

Cathy