Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to upgrade sourcefire sensor from 6.1.5 to 6.2.0

S.ashok S
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are trying to upgrade sourcefire sensor module in Cisco 5516-X ASA from 6.1.5 to 6.2.0 but not able to do as it is getting some unknow error and no suggestion in the error window.

Kindly help us to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Ashok 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My suggestion - reimage rather than upgrade.  It is nearly always faster and more reliable.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you upgrading using FMC or ASDM? Can you share a screen shot of the error you are getting?

Also please check on the sensor cli in expert mode under /var/log/sf for the latest update.log file and share the last few lines (tail) of it.

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for your reply.

Trying to upgrade using FMC, first we are trying to upgrade sensor module then getting the error.

I have requested customer to share the required log and screenshot details. I will let you know after I received those logs.

One more issue with another site is that in FMC - Deploy tab --> showing deploying since 1st of this month but never end. I tried to remove manager from sensor and device from FMC but not able to do as the deployment is in progress. Request you to let us know how to stop that deployment.

Thanks and regards,

Ashok.

You have upgraded FMC first I take it. The FMC must always be at a revision equal to (or greater than) all managed sensors.

A stalled deployment requires TAC assistance to go in and kill the job. I recommend you open a TAC case for that bit.

If the upgrade has stalled - consider wiping and re-imaging the module with the software version that you want.

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My suggestion - reimage rather than upgrade.  It is nearly always faster and more reliable.