cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Update problem with IDS-sig-4.1-4-S92

lauram
Level 1
Level 1

I try to install the new signature through vms but after selecting the zip file I don't see the list of my devices but I receive the following message:

Apply the IDS-sig-4.1-3-S91.zip update to the Management Center.

Why this procedure update only the Management Center?

I need to update the devices' signature.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

pcomeaux
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version are your sensors currently reporting?

Which ZIP file (looks like 4.1.3-S91) are you attempting to apply?

peter

I'm getting this problem too. I was running 4.1-3-S91 then upgraded to 4.1-4S91 and now am getting the same symptoms when trying to apply IDS Signatures through IDS MC (VMS 2.2).

Upgrade History:

* IDS-sig-4.1-3-S91 20:08:42 UTC Mon May 03 2004

IDS-K9-sp-4.1-4-S91.rpm.pkg 15:35:01 UTC Tue May 25 2004

Audit Log shows only these 2 messages nothing about updating the sensor or errors:

TIME: 2004-05-25 10:33:00 MDT

Source Host: 0.0.0.0

Source Application: Shared service processes

Subsystem: Common Java System Services information User ID: INTERNAL

TIME: 2004-05-25 10:33:00 MDT

Source Host: 0.0.0.0

Source Application: Shared service processes

Subsystem: Common Java System Services information User ID: INTERNAL

If I try to add an additional sensor I can choose all the way up to 4.1(4)S94 (I tried to add S94 as well with same results).

My sensors currently work with 4.1(3)S88, I attempt to apply also new signature, for example the IDS-sig-4.1-4-S97.zip file, but I receive the same message.

Best

The 4.1(4)S97 update is a signature update. You can tell by the "-sig-" in the filename.

As a signature update it requires the 4.1(4) Service Pack to be installed first.

Since your sensor is running 4.1(3)S88, you can see that the 4.1(4) Service Pack has not been installed and the 4.1(4)S97 Signature Update installation will give you an error.

You need to install the 4.1(4) file with the "-sp-" in the filename before you can install the later signature updates with the "-sig-" in the filenames.

The Service Pack (-sp- in the filename) can be downloaded from here for users upgrading with IDS MC:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/mgmt-ctr-ids-ids4updates

And here for users upgrading through the sensor's own CLI or IDM:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ids4

Thank for your reply, I 've tried to install the -sp- file in this case I 've find the list of the devices I procced with the installation but the installation seems don't finish, when I try to install other updates I receive the following error:

"Object update failed. A sensor update is already in progress, another update can't being until the current update completes" , I have also restarted my devices but it doesn't work.

Thanks for your collaboration.

The problem is FIXED, the solution is to apply the -sp- file, the error that I received was due to the time of upgrade.

Thanks a lot

Hi marcabal

I have a similar problem. My sensor is running 4.1.3 (s66) and I want to appply the SP update for 4.1.4 which is IDS-K9-sp-4.1-4-S91.rpm.pkg. When i try to update from the IDS MC i get an error.

object error. The file may be corrupt or unable to read the file due to access privileges

What should i do in this case

Champika