Views
Helpful
Replies

using transparent proxy in DMZ

ebarea
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

my costumer uses Linux Firewall (iptables) in his network and when a workstation try to access the Internet the Linux Firewall sends its requisitation to the proxy server that is in the DMZ network. This happening without aditionals proxy configuration in workstations (this is Transparent Proxy).

Well, can I configure it in PIX Firewall? I want that every call to somebody in ports 80 and 443 that the PIX intercept and send to proxy in DMZ.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

l.mourits
Level 5
Level 5

Uhm, let´s see if I understand what you´re up to. Is it correct that you want all traffic that enters you outside interface (from the Internet) at TCP port 80 and 443 to another port on the DMZ. If this is the case, then the answer is yes, it is possible. You will need something like this then:

static (dmz, outside) tcp interface 80 8080

static (dmz, outside) tcp interface 443 8181

It will help if you provide more detailed information on what you want to achieve if you want further assistance.

Hope this helps,

Leo

Ok Leo, thanks for your reply. Well, I really want that all machines inside my network through the proxy when accessing the Internet, so, all traffic that enters my inside interface (to the Internet) with any port source to TCP port 80 and 443 port to any destination must through the Proxy. Is the same command?

Thanks.