Views
Helpful
Replies

VMS 2.2 loading sensor config problem

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

I've got IDS 4235 running software ver 4.1(4)S97 installed in my network.

Yesterday I installed VMS 2.2 basic (including CSCsa16682 and CSCee60913 patches).

I upgraded the IDS MC Server to the 4.1(4)S97 and added my IDS sensor successfully.

BUT when I try to change my sensor configuration using IDS MC, I'm in troubles:

1) Trying to configure filters I'm receiving "Problem with File /WEB-INF/screens/filters.jsp!!!Exception thrown by getter for property destText of bean listentry" error message and no filters are shown.

2) When I modify one signature, the change is accepted. But trying to generate a config file I'm receiving an error:

"Generate failed. There are errors in the configuration of the Blocking Devices: (No destination addresses were provided.).

These errors must be corrected before you can deploy the configuration for Sensor.......

3) I don't see any configuration file in the configuration History.

has anybody succeeded in adding a running IDS into a new VMS?

Thanks,

Milan

2 Replies 2

dblairii
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into the same issue (#1). This problem is covered by bug CSCin32177. Essentially, it is caused by the IDS MC not being able to import sensor filters if you are using system variables (i.e. $IN, $OUT, $USER-ADDRS, etc).

Supposedly the fix is slated for the next version of VMS. Hope that helps.

Don

Thanks Don.

Unfortunately the bug has Postponed status which means Cisco guys don't care about it.

I'm gonna open a TAC case to increase the bug priority.

Regards,

Milan