cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webvpn & tsweb

vxrim911
Level 1
Level 1

Have anyone been sucessfull using tsweb (Terminal Server web) using WebVPN.

I have installed TSweb on my W2003 server and try to connect using WebVPN.

At the tsweb (default) page i fill in the server, but it is not possible to click on the connect button. It is grayed out.

any suggestions is appreciated.

11 Replies 11

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Web based terminal services uses Active-X to connect the sessions and WEBVPN does not support Active-X.

itseriab
Level 1
Level 1

Funny you are having the same problem i was having.

I also read that activex controls would not work, but it does, at least for me. The problem was that I was getting the terminal server error 516 (unable to connect), then realized that i needed to have port fowarding for port 3389. Then the app worked great.

Hi. I have the same issue. I'm trying to get tsweb running via webvpn & it does not work. I tried the port forwarding thru Configuration, Tunneling & Security, WebVPN, Port Forwarding. Where do I put port 3389, Local TCP Port or Remote TCP Port ? I tried it on both & it did not work. What port no. do I put in the other field ? Thanks for your help.

WebVPN on ASA box & tsweb is working perfectly, but you need the latest ASA software (like 7.2.1) and an APCF file called "tsweb.xml" which I received from my Cisco SE.... don't know if this is a general available APCF or not, so please ask your Cisco contact for this if needed

I have the same problem, Can you post or email the tsweb.xml file?

Thanks,

JW

see attached file, HTH

br, Alex

I applied this to my asa5520, code is 7.2, is there anything else I need to do? I can click on the connect button but I get nothing, not even an error.

My 5510 version 7.2.2, I can click the "connect" buttom, but when I install the active control, on some machines it told me that one certificate expired. That certificate is issued to Cisco System. I don't know how to associate my own certificate with that Active X or something...

But if I enable the unsigned Active X downloading in the IE property, sometimes it can work.

Somebody experienced the same issue? I am really upset with Cisco webvpn... many bugs

Thank you.

Ed

Hi, all,

I think I figure this issue out. The TSweb should have two activeX to work, one is from Microsoft, the other is from Cisco, an unsigned one which is blocked by IE by default. So I have to enable unsigned ActiveX downloading. Then everything works well!

BTW, the login users should have aministrator access to install ActiveX.

Thanks.

Ed

Hi @ all,

any hints for Tsweb over webvpn on ios routers? The "connect" button isn't grayed out, but we get an error message from IE that the object doesn't support this property or method.

Thanks and regards,

Stefan

h.parsons
Level 3
Level 3

I had similar problems with the tsweb using WebVPN and what I found was if I add my WebVPN site into IE's trusted sites it works very well.