RP/0/RP0/CPU0:PE1#sh run interface gigabitEthernet 0/0/0/1
Sat Jul 6 12:58:42.378 UTC
interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0/1
 service-policy output SHAPE-TEST
 ipv4 address 10.10.6.1 255.255.255.0
 ipv6 address 2001:fc7:1106::1/64
!
RP/0/RP0/CPU0:PE1#

But the service policy is not installed.

RP/0/RP0/CPU0:PE1#show policy-map interface GigabitEthernet 0/0/0/1
Sat Jul 6 13:00:16.371 UTC
GigabitEthernet0/0/0/1 direction input: Service Policy not installed
GigabitEthernet0/0/0/1 direction output: Service Policy not installed
RP/0/RP0/CPU0:PE1#

Sending traffic over the interface (not that there would not have already been things like ISIS hellos etc for the lab in question) doesn't seem to work. I've also lowered the policing rate to the minimum 8k but no luck. I'm starting to wonder if this is a restriction with the XRv9ks.

Am I missing something obvious or has anyone seem something like this before?

2 Replies 2

Hey @steven.crutchley i scraped this out of another thread, as this rang a bell and my brain somehow remembers this stuff (although please do not ask when my wedding anniversary is!)

Configuration is platform independent, there is the reason you can do any configuration that it's supported on Cisco IOS XR. However, when you apply it under the interface, it's a platform dependent. That means that QoS is implemented in the line card of the CSR or ASR9k, per example. In the virtual platform, those asic are not implemented yet. That is the reason you have problems to commit the service-policy.

You will have problems as well with BFD. The command is there, but you won't see the BFD peering working for XRv, because it's implemented in the line card.

Hope this helps. 

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

@bigevilbeard haha. Yeah it's funny the things our brains choose to remember. I got in trouble last week for not remembering my other half has booked us theatre tickets, yet the exact CLI syntax on an XR to configure an inter-AS option C session - fresh as a daisy! 

I'll do some exploration with XRd and different platforms to see what I can find and report back. Thanks for the guidance!