Views
Helpful
Replies

collection manager upgrade

varga_stefan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have collection manager 3.7 upgraded from 3.6.

It complains:

2011-11-16 15:13:48,327 [main] WARN com.cisco.scmscm.db.DbInserter.RPT_SUR - initTypesArray - expected 16 columns in RPT_SUR, but found 15 - perhaps this table was created for a different SCE application release?

How can I update the table to handle the expected 16 column?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Stefan,

Seems the WARN messages show up due to a change which is integrated from 3.6.5.

For me it is a cosmetic and as far as I checked the log4j(logging feature) functions well

for those adapters even with the warning.

So you can ignore it.

Thanks!

Tomo

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tomonobu Okada
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Stefan,

Indeed a column has been added to PRT_SUR table from 3.7.0 based on the release note.

But it should be properly updated during the upgrading if you run install-cm.sh with "-o" option.

Can you try the upgrade procedure described in below again?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/cable/serv_exch/serv_control/broadband_app/rel37x/cm_qsg/cm_qsg.html#wp40782

If it still doesn't work, please share the following information for further troubleshooting.

+ Console logging during the upgrade

+ CM support file

Thanks!

Tomo

Hi Tomo,

thank you for pointing me to the right direction. After issuing:

~/cm/bin/cm invoke com.cisco.scmscm.adapters.jdbc.JDBCAdapter -updateDbObjects

~/cm/bin/cm invoke com.cisco.scmscm.adapters.jdbc.JDBCAdapter -upgradeSPAMTable

~/cm/bin/cm invoke com.cisco.scmscm.adapters.jdbc.JDBCAdapter -upgradeSURTable

~/cm/bin/cm invoke com.cisco.scmscm.adapters.jdbc.JDBCAdapter -upgradeLURTable

the  db object were created.

Let me please ask one more question...when CM starts I get some warnings to the cm.log:

2011-11-18 09:23:26,672 [Thread-5] WARN com.cisco.scmscm.util.StreamGobbler - com.cisco.scmscm.adapters.CSVAdapter :STDERR>log4j:ERROR Could not connect to remote log4j server at [localhost]. We will try again later.

2011-11-18 09:23:31,639 [Thread-3] WARN com.cisco.scmscm.util.StreamGobbler - com.cisco.scmscm.adapters.topper.TAAdapter :STDERR>log4j:ERROR Could not connect to remote log4j server at [localhost]. We will try again later.

2011-11-18 09:23:33,422 [Thread-7] WARN com.cisco.scmscm.util.StreamGobbler - com.cisco.scmscm.adapters.jdbc.JDBCAdapter :STDERR>log4j:ERROR Could not connect to remote log4j server at [localhost]. We will try again later.

How can I verify/resolve this please?

Thank you.

Hi Stefan,

Seems the WARN messages show up due to a change which is integrated from 3.6.5.

For me it is a cosmetic and as far as I checked the log4j(logging feature) functions well

for those adapters even with the warning.

So you can ignore it.

Thanks!

Tomo