Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet speed issue in jappan

faisalvt0807
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Cisco 800 router is connected with a NTT network in japan, but the actual speed is very less comparing to promised.

Service provider is checked with his router it's fine but while it's connecting to Cisco speed is very less, and he is complaining about cisco router

ISP connection is terminated a device called NTT (PR-500MI)cisco router establishing connection through a dialer interface with username and password authentication

can anybody help me?

5 Replies 5

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

what type of 800 series they are very limited like an 877 can only push about 15mb on wan with features enabled

Dear mark

I appreciate your response...!

Cisco IOS Software, C880 Software (C880DATA-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.2(4)M4, R 

The same router we are using in uae and able to get maximum download 70mbps and upload 20mbps

what should be the duplex and speed settings?

Thats actually very good for a 880 router , what are they expecting to get from this , its a low end router and the more features they turn on the slower it gets

I would say there not even using ipsec as there getting speeds that high , if hes uses ipsec that will at least half in speed

even Cisco has them down as only pushing 25mb so your doing well on 70

see this chart in doc

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf

your duplex setting should be full , speed depends on the line itself ,the ISP usually tell you what to set that at , if its a gig port usually a 100mb if the line is lower than than but if over 100mb set it to 1000mb speed , it should have auto-negotiated though if you look at the wan interface --show interface gx/x

Dear Mark the above snapshot is the reference 

i tested my internet speed like this. how do you think? my test is wrong or router is capable.?

I think that's doing well for the model you have and even if you check direct with Cisco your not going to get any faster

Do not take this as a smart answer im being serious , if you want more wan throughput you would need to get a more powerful Cisco router , 75mb on an 800 series is very good