cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is Telecom Making Good Use Of Social Media?

babarbhatti
Level 1
Level 1

I recently reviewed a book: Social Media Marketing by Ajit Jaokar, Brian Jacobs, Alan Moore and Jouko Ahvenainen. The book is about marketing, role of data and the the emergence and convergence of three distinct but connected (based on data and conversations) media types: Mass Media (such as TV or outdoor), Social Media (social networks) and Mobile Media. Its a must read for marketing professionals, technologists who are interested in marketing analytics and for executives who want to understand the big picture and to see where the opportunities are.

It is apparent to me that even though US companies are using social media, other countries, especially in South Asia, are lagging behind. Actually many telecom companies struggle with basic CRM and the social aspect will take a while to trickle in.

Do you have any interesting stories to share about this trend?

Babar

1 Reply 1

henrywlu1
Level 1
Level 1

Glad to learn that Ajit got a new book out. Must be great. Can't wait to read it.

My observation on this here in USA is that not only Telcom companies but also many enterprises do not make good use of Social Media. It is very different environment. Facebook and Twitter share their APIs with EVERYONE. iPhone is doing the same in consumer space. It's all bout SHARING and grow with each other. I am very glad to move into this space. Why, if you are good, you will get the job done. No politics.

Best regards,

-Henry Lu