cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple X.25 XOT sessions through the IP/MPLS cloud

Vadym Belyayev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys, I came across this issue, which I am not able to reproduce in the lab environment for now (since I do not know how to simulate an x.25 device to make a call to another end)...

1. There is an X.25 cashier (device) trying to communicate with the X.25 server through the IP/MPLS network. (which requires X.25 over TCP (xot) to be implemented) to make possible the X.25 traffic to travel through the IP cloud
2. The CPE cutomer router only receives R1 and R2 loopbacks
3. Impossibility to make config changes on the CPE router (which in fact are many routers installed in different places, all of them pointing to R1 and R2 loopbacks. ).
4. The PE R1 and R2 routers will be replaced by the new CE1 and CE2 routers, which are already installed and have all the routes
5. The idea is to do the following:
a) Let the R1 or/and R2 still receive x.25 traffic through incoming XOT sessions
b) Build another XOT session and redirect XOT traffic to new CE1 and/or CE2 routers
c) Let the CE1 and/or CE2 routers to communicate with the X.25 servers and build another XOT session if necessary (for example to the CPE2 router, which finally communicates through x.25 with a directly connected x.25 server)
d) when the R1 and R2 are removed, their Loopbacks will be moved to new CE1 and CE2 which should not affect the topology, since all the CPE routers point to these old loopbacks

The question is: Is it possible from the technical point of view, build many XOT sessions, will it work?

Any help is very appreciated!!!

Thanks a lot!

1 Reply 1

Vadym Belyayev
Level 1
Level 1

I managed to emulate it in GNS3 and used PAD command to connect to remote x.25 device across xot network

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: