cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF + AH Interchassis

Translator
Community Manager
Community Manager

First of all, hello and thank to all who provide their help and guidance in the community

I would like to do the following queries regarding the configuration of AH Interchassis with OSPF on the ISR 4000 Series routers, I do not understand the configuration as would be in the following case:

Router

INTERNET

| 

|

SITE-1

interchassis

R-1 — R-2

OSPF SITE-2

|—R-3 OSPF

QUESTIONS

1- how do I have to configure to have an Active/Standby configuration , so that the routing will be maintained and not lost in case the R-1 router has a failure?

2- R-1 and R-2 will act as a cluster with Interchassis configured ?

3- R-3 will be adjacent to both router or only to the Active router?

There is not so much and little information about the configuration with this feature ( SSO/NSF/NSR/ETC,,,), nor is there any example of configuration with different topologies from Cisco.

i would appreciate guidance on this subject, first hand thank you all, greetings!!

2 Replies 2

I have one Idea,
you connect the three router in Site 2 via one broadcast, 
so run HSRP and make R3 have static route toward the VIP of HSRP.

for OSPF can you more elaborate what you mean OSPF cluster?

Hello, thank you very much for answering, what I need is to have 2 Router on HA(High Availability), but also belong to an OSPF 0 area, and the Router responds to IP ROUTE OSPF queries in case the primary Router fails, the primarysecondary router responds to requests for the OSPF ROUTE), IP subtracts a reference image.

OSPF HA.png