cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What are the best (corporate) mobile applications?

lbrill
Level 1
Level 1

Josh Bernoff of Forrester is working on his next book, "Harnessing the Groundswell" and is asking for input on the best mobile applications. I have been wondering this question myself and thought this was the perfect audience to ask. My personal favorite is the WebEx iPhone app because I can quickly and easily join conference calls while on the go and not miss any of the content that is being shared.

Your turn...what are the best mobile applications out there?

1 Reply 1

rsynnest
Level 1
Level 1

I agree that WebEx is great for those of us that have frequent remote meetings. In a thread on "Fun Mobile Internet Experiences" we posted on community a few months back it was noted that email and SMS/MMS remain dominant apps - so many people rely on these.

There are some awesome "hidden" apps I'm certain people would say they love, but most people don't even know they're using them ... the little apps that "auto-connect" your device to the corporate WiFi and/or VPN network. I know the Apple iPhone uses Cisco security and WiFi technology to auto-connect employees to corporate resources without needing to go through all the cumbersome 802.1x setup stuff we used to do in past.

And if we were ask any of the billions of machines that will soon join the Mobile Internet to vote on their favorite app, as part of the whole advent of "machine-to-machine" connection underway, I'm sure near top of their list would be auto-connection apps via WiFi Direct