Views
Helpful
Replies

DUO DNG

alenotfd23
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I'm new at duo DNG implementation and wanna ask you something.

That's a part in the documentation that states:"Open ports 80 and 443 in the perimeter firewall for HTTP and HTTPS external TCP traffic to and from the server"

Does this mean port forwarding in the perimeter firewall (DNG or load balancers, doesn't matter)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ccieexpert
Spotlight
Spotlight

port 80 and 443 are for the user to connect to the DNG that is in the DMZ... i am not sure where your load balancers are ? are they internal or external ?  when you configure the web application in Duo it should point the url to the DNG .. for the user to connect to the DNG you should have port 443 (or 80) open on the firewall.

**Please rate as helpful if this was useful**

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ccieexpert
Spotlight
Spotlight

port 80 and 443 are for the user to connect to the DNG that is in the DMZ... i am not sure where your load balancers are ? are they internal or external ?  when you configure the web application in Duo it should point the url to the DNG .. for the user to connect to the DNG you should have port 443 (or 80) open on the firewall.

**Please rate as helpful if this was useful**

Thanks for your reply.

In my case I don't have load balancers (was just for reference, in case they were used but the logic applies the same), DNG is in DMZ Zone. So for the users to reach DNG is mandatory to have port forwarding for 443 and 80 (and Security access rule that accepts this traffic ofc).

Thanks

ccieexpert
Spotlight
Spotlight

that is the only way users can talk to the DNG.. the DNG is like a reverse proxy, so it needs to be accessible to users. the video on that explains it.

**Please rate as helpful if it was useful & as solution if this fixed your problem **

Quick Links