cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DUO Outage??

rajbhatia
Level 1
Level 1

Can't access any apps protected by DUO MFA.  SSO seems to work but get stopped at MFA (none of the options work).  Anyone else?  Called support and they said they are aware and will update the DUO status page but status page is still showing all services as operational?

9 Replies 9

ThinkG_AB
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here. Tested with a couple users. 

Yes.
Us too
PUSH is down.
Append mode works.
If you need DUO to authenticate you through some way other than pushing a notification to your phone, you can use “Append Mode"
You'll enter both your password and an authentication method into the password field.
How to Use Append Mode
Enter your password and the authentication method you want to use, separated with a comma. It will look something like this:
password,authentication_method
In place of authentication_method:
Type...

To...

password,passcode

Log in using a passcode, either generated with Duo Mobile, sent via SMS, generated by your hardware token, or provided by an administrator.
Examples: "mypass123,123456" or "mypass123,1456789"

password,push

Push a login request to your phone (if you have Duo Mobile installed and activated on your iOS, Android, or Windows Phone device). Just review the request and tap "Approve" to log in.

password,phone

Authenticate via phone callback.

password,sms

Get a new batch of SMS passcodes.
Your login attempt will fail — log in again with one of your new passcodes.

You can also add a number to the end of these factor names if you have more than one device registered. For example, push2 will send a login request to your second phone, phone3 will call your third phone, etc.​

This email is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by telephone and return the original message to us at the listed email address.
Thank You.

ThinkG_AB
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe Cisco's SSO, not Duo

Atari007
Level 1
Level 1

Same here.   I can have them enter the numeric code to let them in as an alternative to the push notifications though.  

I have also attempted to call the toll and toll-free US support numbers, but all I get is a repeating message saying that the user you are attempting to contact is not available.   And... thats it.   Weird that obviously there is a problem, but the status page(s) dont reflect any issues.

Status page has been updated.

I had a ticket, they replied that there was an outage...

This email is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by telephone and return the original message to us at the listed email address.
Thank You.

rajbhatia
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like they have the page updated now!  I wasn't able to use the passcodes earlier but that seems to work now and it is only push being impacted.  So, not all that bad but couldn't get in at all earlier with any of the options.

They seem to have fixed it... 

Looks to be so.  Thanks.

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey there! We're sorry for the disruption in service. We've posted an RCA at our Status site.

If you haven't taken the opportunity to do so before I suggest y'all review the Duo Guide to Business Continuity Preparedness. It contains some information about how you can manage your org through issues with our service. 

Duo, not DUO.
Quick Links