cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBW240AC dropping RLAN connection

Markbook
Level 1
Level 1

I have a brand new 5 node CBW240AC non-mesh network with all APs running firmware 10.6.1.0.  On one AP, I have set up the 2nd ethernet port with a RLAN to a single tagged VLAN.  This RLAN/ethernet port is then connected directly to a printer.  This setup works for a couple of hours, and then the AP stops routing the traffic for the RLAN to the 2nd ethernet port.  I have to go back to the gui Access Points Groups, unset the LAN Status, and then reset the LAN status for the traffic to start flowing again.  The VLAN is transmitted fine over wifi to other devices/clients, so I know the AP is getting the traffic, it just stops routing the traffic to the printer.  Even a ping to the printer will not traverse the AP until I unset the Port in the Access Points Groups and then reset it.

Also, in my opinion, the gui does not represent the AP ethernet ports accurately.  Using LAN 1 Status to get the functionality RLAN traffic on the 2nd ethernet port is counter-intuitive.  I have no idea what LAN 2 is supposed to be, and I'm not even sure why the gui has the 3rd and 4th LAN ports, since 240AC only has two operational ethernet ports, one of which is the PoE/backhaul.  The picture below shows the settings that most often gets the RLAN connection working again, although it is sufficient (sometimes) to just turn the PoE setting from off to on or on to off to reestablish the connection, or additionally/alternatively setting the second remote LAN drop down to Printer Port (or setting it back to None).  Its an HP laserjet printer, so the PoE is irrelevant, but sometimes I have to have it on for the traffic to route.

image.png

So my questions are: has anybody else experienced this, and if not, how do I report this for support consideration?

Thanks

0 Replies 0