Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert ASA5506-X to ASA5506W-X

ipago
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Does anyone knows if ASA5506-X can be converted to ASA5506W-X if i add the wireless 702i module?

Module model: ASA5506-AP702.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, adding the wireless 702i module (ASA5506-AP702) to the ASA5506-X does not convert it to an ASA5506W-X. The ASA5506W-X is specifically designed with integrated wireless capabilities. Simply adding the module will not replicate the full functionality of the ASA5506W-X. If wireless functionality is needed, consider using the appropriate model or integrating with a separate wireless solution. Always consult Cisco documentation or support for definitive information.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

No, adding the wireless 702i module (ASA5506-AP702) to the ASA5506-X does not convert it to an ASA5506W-X. The ASA5506W-X is specifically designed with integrated wireless capabilities. Simply adding the module will not replicate the full functionality of the ASA5506W-X. If wireless functionality is needed, consider using the appropriate model or integrating with a separate wireless solution. Always consult Cisco documentation or support for definitive information.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Both products end of Life - better look for alternative deployment option with the latest code to prevent security risk.

Both are different products, by combining you will not get an solution - look below the ASA come with Integrated AP. (you may find refurbished in the market if you wish to use it.)

ASA 5506W-X Wireless Access Point

The ASA 5506W-X includes a Cisco Aironet 702i wireless access point integrated into the ASA. The access point connects to the ASA internally over the GigabitEthernet 1/9 interface. All wifi clients belong to the GigabitEthernet 1/9 network. The ASA security policy determines how the wifi network can access any networks on other interfaces. The access point does not contain any external interfaces or switch ports.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help