cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Needing to move Outside Interface to a different Ethernet port on ASA 5506x

alietzow
Level 1
Level 1

We had an electrical outage in our commercial area, and it appears to have taken out Port 1/1 in my ASA router.  I've tried to use ASDM 7.8 to move the "outside" dest interface to a different ethernet interface, but when I do, it blows out my NAT rules.   I see the option to Export the NAT rules to a file, but I see no Import option.  What I believe I need to do is re-assign the Outside dest interface to GigabitEthernet 1/3 (where I get green lights and "show interface" shows the port is UP (1/1 shows down).  

I've looked at the ASDM until my eyes hurt but I can't seem to find a way to re-assign.  I'm thinking it may have to be done at the CLI.  Small Business Support. 

Thoughts of what should be my course of action?   

1 Reply 1

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

As soon as you remove the old outside interface, all nat and acls and other related config go away.
What you can do:
- export the config using cli
- remove old outside interface
- reconfigure the new port using the exact same name (outside)
- from the exported config, copy/paste all acls and nat (and other related config like routing for example...) into asa using command line.

You should be ok after that.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question