cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can i discover Ip address of the multiple cameras and configer at a time ?

raghunandan.sr
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have 200 Ip 2421 cameras, In those i have already installed 70 cameras , now i need to set IP address to all these cameras. is there any tool availeble to configure these cameras?

1. i have 4 no 4RU and 1 no 2 RU server.

2. software : 6.3.1

3. OS : susi linux 10.0

3 Replies 3

kcapoor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Raghu,

I had tried these 2 tools below.

1.) Cisco Discovery & Configuration Tool--> http://www.ciscoet.com/filedownloader.asp?ID=496

2.) pelco device utility 2 (from pelco website) à you can search by range,mac address,etc-->http://www.global-download.schneider-electric.com/85257689000007EE/All/EAB078FC0BE6C30C852578B10031650E?Opendocument

let me know if this help

Thanks

Karan Capoor

Dear Karan,

I have down loaded pelco tool and tryied to do discovery but could not secessfull. I have Cisco 2421 indoor cameras 220 nos , I tried to down load cisco tool but some from Cisco should authorise me download , i have sent request that is also pending.

Pls help.

bsteiner
Level 1
Level 1

If you have already plugged them into your network, then one of two things has occurred.  You have DHCP on those segments of the network and they were assigned IP's in your DHCP pool, or they all resorted to the default ip and you have 69 address conflicts.  It is always best to "stage" cameras with ip addresses or camera names (for DNS) prior to attaching them to the production network. 

If you have DHCP on the network then you have two choices.  If the cameras are plugged into Cisco switches the 2421's can be found utilizing CDP which will give you there addresses. You can also use a port scanner (such as Angry IP) to scan the DHCP pool for the cameras.  From there you can access the cameras and change the IP's as necessary.

If you have used the Cisco discovery tool, and it found your cameras, then the IP's will be sequential starting at 1 more than the default IP address.