Views
Helpful
Replies

Controlling the Analog camera from VSOM

ahmed_ellboudy
Level 1
Level 1

Daer All,

I have a Cisco video surveillance system contains Cisco 4300 IP cmaera and some Panasonic PTZ analog cameras that will be connected to the ecnoder to get the  views and control them from the VSOM.

now I can get the view from the analog camera in the VSOM ,my problem now is in controlling the analog cameras ,as I made the needed configuration for the DIP switch of the analog cameras and I can control it from the VSOM using the joystick,as I can only move the camera up and down but  I cann't make zoom in or zoom out and I cann't move it right or left.

for moving it up down ,if I compares it with the old CCTV system ,it is very slow ,noting that I tried two serial speed that we can use with RS-485 that used for control ,I tried 9600 and 19200 ,there is no differance in the camera speed.

so can any one advice why I get this performance in controlling the analog cameras throw the Cisco encoder uscing joystick?

Is the type of the Joystick effect on this?

also why I can't control it from the mouse as I can do with the IP PTZ cameras?

Thanks,

Ahmed Ellboudy

3 Replies 3

Cory Blackman
Level 1
Level 1

How does a simple game joystick work?  Have you now updated to v6.3.1 and seen better results?

can you help me to integrate Cisco encoder with Cisco VSOM. i am getting all video stream on Cisco Stream Manager but connection failed on  VSOM..

your help will required..

regards,

Faheem Ansai

Dear Faheem,

I think your problem in the offline configuration of the Cisco encoder, the problem may be in the Authentacation between the encoder and VSOM, so please make sure that you did it as in the attached image.

Thanks,

Ahmed Ellboudy