cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CPAM 36bit weigand simplex credential template?

randal
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Cisco planet!

We have successfully made our Cisco PAM system authenticate and unlock doors for 26-bit standard HID ProxCard II's. Hurrah!

However, we have a potential small army of "Simplex" branded cards; they beep when we present them to the reader, and they work on other (legacy) readers that the ProxCard IIs work on as well, so we're pretty confident they will work; the event viewer kicks out "Reader Decode Failed."

My card has the number 4899-6775005 silkscreen'd on the back, which I have found may be of zero use. As mentioned, it has the Simplex logo on the front and HID stamped into the plastic on the back.

My research indicates that there may be a 36-bit Weigand format out there for Simplex badges. Has anybody deployed these? We are looking for a Credential Template for this particular type of badge so that we can make it work!

I'd sure appreciate any assistance you can lend me!

Cheers,

Randal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kcapoor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Randal,

Reader decode failed means the credential template for your card is not set up properly. i google for simplex 36 credential and found this link (below) which will help you in setting up the template correctly. main information is data start and end bit , facility code start and end bit. let me know if this help.

http://helpdesk.rs2tech.com/kb/article/107/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kcapoor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Randal,

Reader decode failed means the credential template for your card is not set up properly. i google for simplex 36 credential and found this link (below) which will help you in setting up the template correctly. main information is data start and end bit , facility code start and end bit. let me know if this help.

http://helpdesk.rs2tech.com/kb/article/107/

Karan,

That template did the trick! The 36-bit template that I had found indicated that it should have parity, and that the data started on the 9th bit instead of 11. Thank you so much for your direction.

Cheers,

Randal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: