cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CPAM Client Loads So Slow

dayauto67
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone else seen an issue where the CPAM client loads very slowly regardles of the workstation resource load.  I have three or four CPAM sites that the client loads very fast but cant seem to figure out the difference between those and the re4ast that are relatively slow.  One of my fastest sites is running the 1RU server that preceeded the MSP version.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Ed Johnston
Level 1
Level 1

Are you connecting through a VPN?  I have run in to this same issue when running through a VPN.  I'll usually request(if possible) a remote maching to work so that I can run the client on it.

VPN - I have tried VPN.  There is a large amount of data that constantly transverses between the server and client depending on the number of windows open and what windows are open. You start to encrypt that and it gets a bit slow. I have found the best VPN results with one window at a time. Best not to open the Hardware or Locations  window over VPN unless needed.

No VPN - Its even when I connect my I7,8GB RAM, 2GB video card laptop. Some systems with my laptop just rip. Others are just slow as can be.