cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CPAM compatibility with Gateway Cards

Ed Johnston
Level 1
Level 1

We recently wired up CPAM with some HID card readers.  We are currently using a Galaxy(GL) system.  I thought that the GL cards should work with the HID readers but they are not.  Is there a way to tell the readers what to scan from the cards? They will not register an event at all when we try to scan them.  If someone could point me towards some docs that would be great!

Cheers!

3 Replies 3

kcapoor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

you need to troubleshoot here few things...

first thing is to check the logs to see is thier any activity loged while swiping the card. could be like this 'reader decode failed' / GW.EV_READER_DECODE_FAILED.

let say if you get above log message, it means the reader is getting data from card but not able to interpret it. for this you need to check your setting in "credential template" is the primary data/ secondary data define correctly?

starting / end bit are correct or not, etc.

once you have correct setting and your reader know how to parse the information you would be able to get events in CPAM.

Thanks

Karan Capoor

Hi Karan,

Thanks for the input.  The Galaxy cards that we have do not even register an event on the locks.  The HID cards do.  Unfortunately I cannot find any of the information I need on Galaxy's website for the primary/secondary data.

Thanks,

Ed

Ed do you know what bit cards you have are they 26bit wiegand are they 34bit cards etc.  You will need to know more about your cards.  Not all cards are created equal or compatible.

So times you have to do some reverse engineering to get cards to work.

Another question  does the HID reader beep when you present your card to it?