Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Cameras that are Unavailable

jwood.ok
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, 

I have a location that is being closed temporarily, so no internet, etc.  As such, I'm now getting spammed with the fact that the cameras are down by VSOM.  I imagine if I had done the smart thing and disabled the cameras in VSOM prior to them being unplugged, this wouldn't happen.  Now though, there's no way to disable the cameras as I can't get to them and disabling just hangs up.  Is there an alternate way to disable and get rid of messaging about them being down, since this as an intentional outage?  I am running version 7.12.1.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

faizan107
Level 1
Level 1

First off, since the cameras are intentionally offline, you should be able to stop those notifications by tweaking some settings in your VSOM. Log into your VSOM account and look around for something related to alerts or notifications. You'll want to adjust the settings that control when and how these notifications are sent out. This way, you can give your inbox a break while the cameras are offline.

If you're having trouble finding these settings or they don't seem to do the trick, you could try changing the status of the cameras within VSOM. Maybe there's an option to label them as "under maintenance" or "offline for now." This could help silence those pesky notifications while still letting the system know that this is all part of the plan.

If the VSOM setup is being a bit stubborn and none of the above is working, don't sweat it. You can always reach out to their technical support for some expert advice. They're usually super helpful and might have a quick fix specific to your version of VSOM.

If you're feeling adventurous and know your way around network stuff, you could temporarily tweak some settings to keep those notifications from reaching you. But be careful with this one – you wouldn't want to mess up anything else in the process.

While we work on getting those notifications to chill, it might be a good idea to document this intentional outage and let your team know what's going on. This way, everyone's on the same page and won't panic when they see the cameras offline.

Hope this helps you regain some peace and quiet from those notifications. If you need more guidance, don't hesitate to ask or get someone who's a pro at this stuff to lend a hand. You got this!

I'm sorry, but you don't have a lot of specifics there and honestly your post reads more like it is AI generated.

jwood.ok
Level 1
Level 1

Any Cisco employees on here with some insight on this? 

>>> there's no way to disable the cameras as I can't get to them <<< 
this sounds strange, 
you do not want to configure the camera itself, so you do not need to "get to them" (to stop the video feed)
but you want to disable the camera's in VSOM, so you are looking in the wrong menu

I have no practical experience here, but looking through the manual
Cisco Video Surveillance Manager User Guide, Release 6.3 - Managing Video Feeds [Cisco Video Surveillance Manager] - Cisco
it looks like you cannot simple disable the camera's, but you need to delete them from the database

there is an import function, so there also may be an export function
if so, you might be able to export them before you delete , and then you can import again later
maybe "grouping" the off-line camera's first can help to do this quicker (if this doesn't interfere with your setup)

jwood.ok
Level 1
Level 1

Eventually I was able to get this done.  I don't recall how, but ultimately it let me get to where I could delete the devices that were down and then the server as well, so I'm good on that front.  Thanks.