cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to - (Add Password to BWT pages) then add it to MS Active Directory?

vriden
Level 1
Level 1

I saw the other post describing the How To put the password in BWT, but how then to add that to Active Directory?.....

2 Replies 2

kcapoor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi vince,

could you please explain your question in a more detail way, i am not able to understand what you are trying to achieve here.

Thanks

Karan

My project is to add multiple VSM servers to an existing Active Directory structure. I saw the post on how to insert a password for the Tomcat/BWT pages, and that is when I posted the question How to add this to AD. I realize The OS has a password, and then the app for Cisco/BWT if I add the passwrd hack. My cllient wants both accounts to appear in the Audit trail. There are multiple complex issues, as I have discovered this last week in researching this. Any help is deeply appreciated.

One good question has come up repeatedly, is "Why does Cisco use such old releases of SUSE?" , and another one, "Is Cisco going to release VSM x.x.x on SUSE 11?"

On this project we are not using VSOM at all. Most of the VSM's are running legacy Broadware (5.0) and SLES9 SP3. This is a stand-alone network dedicated to the purpose of recordning video. It has a third party overlay gui that presents video an alarrms to the client workstations.

SUSE explains that SLES9 is too old to integrate to Active Directory/Server 2008/R2, and that we must upgrade to SLES10 SP4 (I realize CIsco suports SP!, so we are going to SP1). Hence the question above on Cisco deploying with current OS releases. SUSE is happy to work with Cisco to get them up to the current release, Cisco just needs to invite SUSE to the dance.

On the AD integration, there are numerous DC's, and there are several shortcomings in manually appending the various .conf files in SUSE 10 SP1 (not to mention a time consuming task this is) so I think I will opt for a third party solution that provides all the shortcomings and makes it a much faster deployment/enrollment process, saving money, and ensuring the efforts will work with little to no headscratching.

I am assuming no one has ever done this so I will make copius notes and share what I can. I just need to figure out if I actually need to insert the password hack for the Tomcat/BWT pages found elsewhere in this forum.

Please let me know if you have any questions.