Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing onvif model device capability files

Hello Community,

I ran into an issue with my Cisco VSM system this week.  Currently running Cisco VSM 7.12.0.  I have the master server (VSOM) on a virtual system, and then I have all of our VSMS servers as physical boxes.  Oldest being CPS-UCS-2RU-K9 and newest being CPS-UCSM4-2RU-K9.  I upgraded from 7.10.0 to 7.12.0 a few weeks ago with no issues.  I've been actively checking all of the servers on the VSOM as well as the CIMC (Cisco Integrated Management Controller) on the physical boxes that I have.  I've been getting green check marks across the board with no issues. 

Now for the fun part.  I decided to install a failover server as a virtual machine yesterday for the scenario that one or more VSMS servers should fail.  Everything appeared to have gone well with this one exception.  I got an error on it that says: Missing onvif model device capability files.  So I thought, it's just a minor warning, no big deal.  Then I tried changing the name on another server (VSMS) I had and it got an error: "Operation failed: Upload of file /usr/BWhttpd/conf/devices/Arecont AV05.xml failed, please retry".  Then for fun, I tried changing the name on yet another VSMS server that I had, and it ran into the same error.  The only things that have changed since the upgrade to 7.12.0 that I can think of is that I have installed some Cisco 8030 cameras to the system and I added the failover server to the system. 

I have tried replacing the configuration on all of the servers.  No change.  I have rebooted the servers.  No change.  I have reinstalled the VSM 7.12.0 software on the VSOM server and one of the affected VSMS servers.  Still no change.  I was thinking that as a work-around, maybe I could copy one of the Arecont.xml files and then rename it to what it thinks it's missing, but I don't know if that would fix it or make it worse.  I checked the directory for the Arecont driver pack and it appears to have all of the other Arecont.xml files.  The .xml files that it has appear to have names that relate to the Arecont camera models, but "Arecont AV05.xml" doesn't seem to fit to me.  Just seems weird.  Does anybody know what might be going on here?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well, despite the fact that nobody responded, I was able to get a hold of Cisco TAC instead.  Long story short, they started a webex meeting and took remote control of my PC.  From there they were able to run some scripts on my servers and fixed the issue.  Issue is now resolved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

As a side note, I would like to add that I have searched for an Arecont driver pack on the Cisco web site to see if reinstalling the pack would resolve the issue, but I wasn't able to find the driver pack anywhere.

Well, despite the fact that nobody responded, I was able to get a hold of Cisco TAC instead.  Long story short, they started a webex meeting and took remote control of my PC.  From there they were able to run some scripts on my servers and fixed the issue.  Issue is now resolved.

bkengineer
Level 1
Level 1

I have same problem"

Missing onvif model device capability files"

One or more onvif model device capability file(s) are missing on server min-bko-mob-cctv-vsm05
One or more onvif model device capability file(s) are missing on server min-bko-mob-cctv-vsm05
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: