cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modify Archive Retention??

Kim Armstead
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a setting to retain Archives for longer than the retention established when the Archives were originally created???

Please help.

ka

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Rossi
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, but the process is much different in 7.x

In 7 to keep archives longer than their loop retention you would designate a "long term storage" target under advanced storage. But that needs to be set up in advance.

If you have an evidentury situation right now (something was caught by the camera and you don't want to lose it) frankly I would quickly be copying cva's to multiple locations. Many types of data center disasters could ruin the evidence (I have been burned by this before).

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jason Rossi
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, but the process is much different in 7.x

In 7 to keep archives longer than their loop retention you would designate a "long term storage" target under advanced storage. But that needs to be set up in advance.

If you have an evidentury situation right now (something was caught by the camera and you don't want to lose it) frankly I would quickly be copying cva's to multiple locations. Many types of data center disasters could ruin the evidence (I have been burned by this before).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: